Sonnets are full of love

Dedicated to my beloved mum.

Sonnets are full of love,and this my tome

Has many sonnets:so here now shall be

One sonnet more,a love sonnet,from me

To her whose heart is my heart's quiet home

To my first Love,my mother,on whose knee

I learnt love-lore that is not troublesome;

Whose service is my special dignity,

And she my loadstar while I go and come

And so because you love me,and because

I love you,Mother,I have woven a wreath

Of rythmes wherewith to crown your honored name:

In you not fourscore years can dim the flame

Of love,whose blessed glow transcends the laws

Of time and change and mortal life and death.

written by: Christine Rossetti (1842)


Your Lord has commanded that you worship none but Him, and be kind to parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, do not rebuke them, but speak to them in terms of honor and kindness. Treat them with humility, and say, 'My Lord! Have mercy on them, for they did care for me when I was little'. [17:23-4].

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hai saya Atiqah. Saya suka menulis dan bercerita.

0 comments

Just leave your comment/s here.Make it simple and nice ☺